Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Safe Arrival

Psalm 145 1-3,5,8,20a

I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.
I will speak of the glorious honor of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.
The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
The LORD preserveth all them that love him.


My dear friend and her children arrived safely in Lewiston last night. I can hardly contain my excitement. Seeing her and the kids again will be just like being home. Ang is such a special person that knowing her has helped me to understand myself. To quote Emerson, "The only way to have a friend is to be one." Ang has not just been a friend, but almost an extension of my own soul.

Ang and I were introduced through a mutual friend about 4 years ago and she has been a sweet balm of encouragement, joy and healing during some of the most difficult times of my life.

This sister is one of my heroines of the faith; she is a Berean, if you will. I am constantly challenged by her yearning and seeking the truths of Scripture. The Lord has used her to strengthen me in my faith for which I am truly grateful.

Please be in prayer as she seeks work and housing to support her family.

Psalm 107 1-7
O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;
And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.
They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.
Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.
Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.
And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.




7 comments:

  1. Nice pics!!! And how nice it is to be so close to someone!!! I'm sure, as you've said, that is a GREAT blessing!!! I'm thankful to the Lord He has sent this dear friend/sister to each of you! Soon you'll be together again and continue sharing memories and soulship!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know my dear, it is assumed that my sisters are extension of my soul. I say that about a friend because there aren't many that can be said of. I love you tremendously!!! I love you forever and always!!! :X:X

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Oh how I feel the same way about my sisters!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:X:X:X:X It is so true that, that is hard to find in a friend! And I'm just sooo happy for youa!!! Knowing that she'll get to be there with you!!! Just a month and a half left!!! Woohooo!!
    And I just wanted to say......your blog looks FABULOUS, simply fabulous!!! I wasn't aware you could do all that fancy stuff!! I'm gonna have to "doll" mine up too!!!! I love decorating, and that's just one more thing to make pretty!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!
    All my love!!!!!!!:X:X:X:X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you know! Yeah, I called Annie (lol) b/c I couldn't figure out how to add all the pics and nice backgrounds. ;) It is quite fun, actually. Hope you have fun 'dollin' yours up! My love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I can't wait till you two girls get here!!!!! We'll all be SOOOOOOO happy together!!!! It's so wonderful having Ang and the kids here, I can't even tell you. :D:D:D I need to give you a call! I've neglected my blogging duties and keeping-in-contact duties since the Hacklers got here, hehe.
    ALL my love!!XOXOXOXOXO
    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie,
    We reluctantly understand...haha. :) It will be so wonderful to all be together. I am glad all is well!
    Love you forever and always!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog, Jen. Thanks for the updates and sharing news from your world. It helps so much to stay in touch and know how to pray for one another....Take care

    ReplyDelete