Saturday, October 18, 2008

Revisiting Memory Makers


This month and last, the boys and I have been visiting some of our favorite places here in our area and taking pictures so that we have hardcopy memories, so to speak. My memory bank has gotten so full over the past few years that writing down thoughts and taking pictures of what we do helps me remember what we've done. Brilliant, no? lol What can I say? I'm a little slow. ;)
I have become a minimalist when it comes to traveling or going out which means I often leave the camera home. I've realized that this is not good minimalism hence my new practice of packing the camera and making photograph memories.
Here are some pics of a revisit to the Latte Lounge. It sits right off Main St. and has a very comfy atmosphere. The kids and I love to go here and just sit and talk. Lately, we just get drinks to save on money, but sometimes we'll have bagels and as Annie and I have found out, they have some awesome cheesecake. :)
And...understanding that I'm not a good minimalist when it comes to words, written words that is (unfortunately I'm a *very* good minimalist when it comes to spoken words), I'm going to practice good minimalizing and stop talking and start posting. :)


The guys on the Latte sofa


The 'architectural' window(the sofa sits right behind it)

Through the 'arch' window starring Sir Gregory the Goof


This and the following are storefront pics from the inside



The 'fix-it counter'



The pick-up counter


The following are Main St. pics

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, you lame girl, and your latte-lounge going and- and and.... yeah!
    Ahem, what I REALLY mean is... oooh I miss the latte lounge! But I'm sooo glad yoooou can go. :> hehe
    Well, I wish I could've talked to you longer today... but I'm glad I got to at all. :D:D
    Hey.. do you want a song on your blog? :>
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a silly question...do I want a song on my blog? But of course! I was going to ask you before you decided to leave and go shopping with Ang...:P jk ;) Did you have a good time, btw? Where'd ya go? Scootin'...going to have family worship. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, thanks for sharing! Maybe next trip we can all go there. Did you get any good pictures from the game farm? I wish I had brought my camera; the watusi was awesome! (and by awesome I mean terrifying) We hope to see you guys soon! >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful setting! I love these pix. Thanks for your sweet note about my sister. I am getting adjusted to the idea.
    I love your blog. Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for posting these pics. I never did make it to the latte lounge but I guess we'll find some place in Idaho when we all get there (even when I'm visiting.......for now). I can smell coffee......ew-lala

    ReplyDelete