Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our Tuesday Outings


Around here, Tuesday is wash day. I don't know too many mom's who find laundering exhilirating. Under the right conditions I find it relaxing, but in a real home those "conditions" don't often exist. ;) I really don't have anything to complain about though. My piles definately don't add up to those of my sister's (she has 7 kids) or my cousin's (who has 13 kids). Laundry anyone? ;)



Nevertheless, I try to keep our laundry down to a minimum by having the boys (parents, too) wear their clothes for more days in a row than I am going to admit on this blog. This practice helps keep the laundromat costs down. As my guys live indoors mostly at this point (except for wrestling and stick fighting time, assuming it isn't raining), they don't get terribly dirty and smelly. They do take showers, but unfortunately at this point in their lives, it is only because I tell them too. ;) What can I say? their boys.


Being homeschoolers, if we go out before their school is done for the day, school goes with us. So, it being Tuesday Washday, we prepared to go to the laundromat to do some laundry. We always get looks and comments, but thankfully I haven't encountered any negative ones. This is where a great big "thank you" goes out to my sons for their obedience and diligence. Hooray for great sons! I love 'em.


My 3 sons! ;)


Greg's excited smile because he was on his last pile of flashcards. :)

Micaiah engrossed in his book The Cat of Bubastes: A Tale of Ancient Egypt by G.A. Henty


Jackson is a pacer. When he talks on the phone or is memorizing, he paces. Makes me nervous, but it seems to help him. ;)




The ever intellectual Jackson. Actually, we are hoping his intellect kicks back in once the hormones die down a bit. ;) Here he's working on memorizing William Bradford's writing about the Pilgrims. I just happened to catch him in one of those 'thoughtful' moments like, "How does this apply to me??".

All that to say, I decided to take my camera with me today. I am NOT a photographer; just trying to capture memories. I don't take enough pictures of our everyday lives so I've been trying to keep my camera handy. Just what you all wanted to see...school and laundry. The very necessary and scary elements that create the best horror flicks. Hope it doesn't frighten you away for too long. Have a great evening. I intend to. My laundry's done. :)








5 comments:

  1. I love your blog and getting to know about your life. Your boys sound like really great kids. Thanks for your thoughts and sharing. Love from,
    Amy J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I missed a ton of happenings in the life of Jen! I'm so glad you started blogging and are sharing the details of what's going on with you. I'm thrilled to hear about it, even if it is *just* laundry. :D We can't wait to see you guys this weekend, and keep up with the posting! I'll be sure to check more faithfully. >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to use your time!!! hehehehe When in school, we have a longer van ride (across the city) my kids bring their work to do, for my sake.....cuz I feel like we're behind:P
    That's awesome you get nice comments. Your guys are so worthy of praise!!!!What a testimony for Christ's Kingdom!!! These are certainly memories that will be remebered!! I remember reading The Cat of Bab. to Harrison when he was younger. I really like that one. I LOVED The Golden Goblet, too. That was very fun!!! And I can't wait til you get to do laundry in your own home again!!! I've always been afraid of going to a Laundromat...hahah So go brave you!!! Most of ours are in bad neighborhoods......maybe that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hannah! Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend...we miss you all so much! Whether Annie realizes it or not, she is always prompting me to do and try new things. It is easy to get in a rut and just stay there. So...I ventured out. For some that would be nothing, but computers scare me. I am old fashioned that way. Same with the phone. haha Pretty lame. Anyway, love you all so much! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristie...it is easy to get 'behind' in school especially when you have seven! Hang in there sis and know that you are raising the future for Christ. It is a beautiful example. This is Oneonta, so we really don't have 'bad neighborhoods' so to speak. Our laundromat is about 5 blocks down so that is great. It will be nice to have my own washer/dryer, but the Lord has been so kind to place us right in the center of town where everything is close. It saves on gas and my body. I didn't do any driving while everyone was still here b/c of my back, but since I don't have to drive as far now, it is manageable. Thank the Lord! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete